Dental Crowns – Ocala, FL
Restore Your Tooth. Restore Your Bite. Restore Your Smile.
Simply put, dental crowns are one of the most utilized and versatile restorative dental treatments in existence. At Weldon Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry of Ocala, we are committed to educating the residents of Ocala and surrounding areas on how they can achieve their healthiest, most beautiful smiles. As a result, we have provided some information about dental crowns below. Of course, you can also contact our team directly if you would like to learn more as well!
Why Choose Weldon Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry of Ocala for Dental Crowns?
- Top-Rated Dental Team in Ocala
- Appointments As Early As 7 AM
- Dental Insurance Welcome
What is a Dental Crown?
A crown is a tooth-shaped cap made of metal, ceramic, or porcelain that is placed over the prepared tooth to restore its optimal form and function. The result is a restoration that looks and feels just like a natural tooth! There are many different situations that call for crown treatment. Here are a few:
- To protect a weakened tooth from breaking or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
- To restore a tooth that has received root canal treatment (this is due to the tooth structure that has been removed to facilitate the root canal).
- To restore a tooth that has been broken or chipped.
- To cap a tooth that has a large filling when there is not sufficient tooth structure remaining.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- To cover teeth that are discolored, unsightly shaped, or twisted.
- To cover unsightly gaps between teeth.
The Dental Crown Process
Before a dental crown can be placed, the tooth needs to be prepared. Therefore, one of our dedicated Ocala dentists will first gently file down the tooth to make room for the crown. If there is not enough natural tooth structure left, a buildup will often be required to create a solid foundation for the crown. If the crown requires two visits to be completed, a temporary cap can be fashioned to maintain esthetics and function. We will then cement the permanent crown onto the tooth. The result looks just like a healthy natural tooth. Our team at Weldon Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry of Ocala also provides dental implants when the tooth is missing or cannot be salvaged.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Good news: dental crowns offer numerous benefits, such as:
- They restore the look and function of a damaged or weak tooth.
- They can last for 10+ years if you care for them properly.
- They only require two visits to place.
- They are made from lifelike materials.
- They are easy to care for.
If you’ve been struggling with a painful toothache, you’ve chipped a tooth, or one of your teeth has cracked, then a dental crown may be the solution! To find out, schedule an appointment with our Ocala dental team.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Crowns
While dental crowns can make an incredible difference in the quality of people’s lives, some patients find themselves reticent about getting the treatment as a result of the cost. For that reason, we try and make managing the dental fees associated with dental implants as easy as possible.
Part of that entails being as transparent about the price as possible. While we’ll give you a complete estimate in person, here’s what you should know in the meantime.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Dental Crowns
The cost of dental crowns can vary significantly, and it's essential to understand the factors that influence these expenses to make informed decisions about your oral health. Here are a few we’ll consider:
- Severity of Dental Damage: The extent of dental damage plays a crucial role. If you require additional procedures like root canals before getting a crown, it will increase the overall cost.
- Material Type: The type of material used for the crown is a significant cost determinant. Dental crowns can be made of various materials such as amalgam, gold, or porcelain. Each material has unique properties affecting its aesthetics, durability, and price.
Investing in dental crowns is a long-term commitment to your oral health. By understanding these factors and discussing your options with your dentist, you can make an informed choice that suits your needs and ensures a healthy, long-lasting smile.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Crowns?
Dental insurance can be a saving grace when you need a dental crown, but it's essential to understand how coverage works. Typically, dental plans cover 50% to 80% of the cost of dental crowns, depending on your specific plan. However, factors like deductibles, co-pays, and annual maximums can influence your final out-of-pocket expenses. Medically necessary crowns often receive better coverage, while cosmetic crowns may not be fully covered. To get a clear picture of your coverage, review your policy and have a discussion with your dentist to navigate the financial aspects of your dental crown procedure.
Other Options for Making Dental Crowns Affordable
If you’re interested in getting dental crowns but don’t have insurance, we have other options available to help you.
For one, we offer financing options through CareCredit. CareCredit is a healthcare credit card that is designed to help individuals cover their medical and dental expenses. It functions like a traditional credit card but is specifically intended for healthcare-related costs. CareCredit offers financing options with various promotional periods, often featuring deferred interest if the balance is paid within a specified time frame.
We’ll work with you to make care affordable, so even if you’re on a budget you can restore your smile to perfection.