Tooth Colored-Fillings - Ocala, FL
Treat Your Cavity with a Natural-Looking Solution
Your teeth can serve you for a lifetime with the right care. The biggest threat to their health is tooth decay. If a cavity develops, there is no need to worry. We can reinstate its health while also improving its appearance using tooth-colored fillings in Ocala. Whether you want to replace an old metal filling, or you have a new cavity that needs to be treated, we have the natural-looking solution you need.
What are tooth-colored Fillings made of?
Traditional amalgam fillings are made from a mixture of metals, including mercury. Although this makes them affordable and durable, the use of metal creates several disadvantages. Tooth-colored fillings resolve the common complaints of metal ones. They are made from a mixture of plastic and fine glass particles. Not only are the virtually undetectable but they are also biocompatible.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings vs. Amalgam Fillings
Although metal fillings have been the go-to treatment for tooth decay for several decades, many people have now come to enjoy a more natural solution. Tooth-colored fillings provide several benefits, such as:
- Metal-Free: Nearly invisible when you smile and does not cause your tooth to darken over time.
- Mercury-Free: No risk of long-term mercury exposure.
- Looks Natural: The resin material is customized to match the appearance of your enamel to blend in with your teeth.
- Biocompatible: Ideal solution for those who have metal sensitivities.
- Improves Tooth’s Structure: Wedges are not cut into your tooth to support the filling, leaving more healthy structure intact.
- Long-Lasting: With the right care, tooth-colored fillings are equally durable as metal ones.
How are Tooth-Colored Fillings Placed?
After an initial consultation, you are scheduled for your appointment to save your smile. Special dental tools remove any areas of decay and your tooth is cleaned. A weak acid is applied to your tooth. It allows the pores in your enamel and dentin to open to create a secure bond between your tooth and the filling.
A shade guide helps to find the ideal color for your filling to customize it before the composite resin material is applied to your tooth. A special light is used to quickly harden it. It is then filed, smoothed, and polished.
Caring for Your Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth colored fillings can last 10 years or longer with the right care. To promote their longevity, it is best to:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss every day.
- Do not forget to visit your dentist for a cleaning and checkup twice a year.
- Avoid biting or chewing overly hard or sticky foods with the filling.
- Do not use your teeth as tools to open packages.
- Do not chew on inedible objects.
- Avoid anything that may cause the filling to stain, like smoking, coffee, and tea.
Restore a Beautiful Smile Today
You do not need to let a metal filling hurt your self-esteem. Invest in your oral health and your confidence with a tooth-colored solution. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.